Clif Bar & Company is building a 275,000 square foot bakery, the Clif Bar Baking Company, in Twin Falls, Idaho. Construction on the Clif Bar Baking Company is scheduled to begin April 1, 2015.
2. Why is Clif Bar building a new bakery? We’re building the new bakery to meet the growing demand for our organic energy and nutrition bars. The new 275,000 square foot bakery will provide us with the space to continue to meet growing demand into the future and continue bringing innovative new food to market with a low environmental footprint.
3. Why did Clif select Twin Falls, Idaho, for the location of the Clif Bar Baking Company?
We looked at several locations before choosing Twin Falls. We examined each through our Five Bottom Lines. In all Five Bottom lines – sustaining our business, brands, people, community and planet - Twin Falls really stood out.
We were really impressed with the people of Twin Falls and immediately felt connected with the community.
4. What will the Clif Bar Baking Company look like?
The new 275,000 square foot bakery will not only be an inspiring place to work – with elegant design elements and landscaping -- it will also be good for the planet. Our goal for the bakery is to achieve the highest possible LEED certification. The bakery will be focusing on zero waste, water conservation, and energy efficiency. Features include:
State-of-the-art processes and packaging systems which maximize energy efficiency (maximum output per unit of energy).
Technology to capture heat that would otherwise be wasted and using it to make CLIF Bars and CLIF ZBars.
“Smart lighting” control systems which maximize natural light instead of electricity
Sustainable LED lighting
Landscaping with habitats for bees and butterflies to help improve pollination in the area.
Direct access to outdoor spaces from all team and break rooms
An amphitheater which will be used for company events and celebrations.
5. Will the bakery be built in an environmentally sustainable way? Yes, much like our Emeryville, California, headquarters, we will build the bakery in an environmentally-friendly way. Our goal for the bakery is to achieve the highest possible LEED certification. We will also be implementing many of the environmentally-friendly operations that we have in place in Emeryville, including waste and paper use reduction, and incentivizing employees to minimize their footprint.
6. How many jobs will be created in the operation of the Clif Bar Baking Company?
Initially, the bakery will create more than 200 jobs.
7. What types of jobs will be created in the bakery’s operations? Operations jobs will include engineers, food safety specialists and packaging and filling machine operators and tenders.
8. When will the bakery begin hiring local workers? We have begun hiring and will continue to fill positions in conjunction with our hiring plan. We will be hiring bakery production positions beginning in September.
9. Where can people find out about open positions at the Clif Bar Baking Company?
We’ll be working with the City and the Idaho Department of Labor to communicate available jobs as we move closer to launching bakery operations in 2016. Positions will be posted on www.clifbar.com/careers on an ongoing basis, and those interested in applying should visit the frequently for updates.
10. When will construction begin? Construction will begin in April 2015.
11. When will the Clif Bar Baking Company begin operating? The bakery will begin baking in 2016.
12. What Clif products will the Clif Bar Baking Company make? The Clif Bar Baking Company will make CLIF Bars and CLIF Kid ZBars.
13. Where is Clif Bar & Company headquartered?
Our headquarters are in Emeryville, California.
14. Where can Clif Bar products be purchased in Twin Falls?
Clif Bar products can be purchased at: Ridley’s Family Markets, Smith’s Food & Drug, Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart, Albertsons, Costco, Elevation Sports and Epic Ride Cyclery.
Whether it’s our food, our planet, or our relationships with our people - we’re on a mission to do one thing and one thing only - make it good.